White Anemone Flower
Fresh White Anemones with their navy center are a DIY bride's favorite for their show-stopping look They look similar to a poppy with delicate, tissuey petals and they are the only Navy Wedding Flower! White Anemones is a great DIY wedding flower and can be used in DIY bridal bouquets, centerpieces, and small bud vases.
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 10 stems
- Color: White with navy center. **Sometimes white anemones can come with a lavender, green, or pink hue streaked through the center which fades as the bloom opens, this is a naturally occurring phenomenon of Mother Nature. White anemones come with a dark center 95% of the time, but occasionally they will come with green centers. Although we specify dark centers we cannot guarantee.
- Season: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Special Care Note: Anemones are delicate so a higher loss is to be expected. We typically average 6 usable stems per bunch. Slight brown spots are pretty normal with white anemones, but most all imperfections blow out in the photos.
- Flower Design Type: Luxury Accent Flower
The Good: Because of their distinctive look, anemones are statement pieces. Embody a graceful, subtle, sultry or elegant vibe with just a few of these blossoms. They add visual interest and contrast to a bouquet of other assorted blooms. These beauties are too delicate to use in boutonnieres or corsages, but they make a beautiful addition to bouquets and centerpieces.
The Bad: Overall, these lovelies are fussy and tend to be the 'problem child'. Anemones are especially delicate, so they might become unavailable if bad weather hits. Expect to lose 3-4 flowers for every 10 stems in your order. Luckily, you only need a couple to make an impression. If this makes you nervous, snag some faux ones from our supplies section. White anemones especially can occasionally have a few brown spots or discoloration. Slight imperfections like these are common and typically blow out in photos.
- Anemones need their own small vase...don't crowd!
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline.
- Anemones can come in tight, so place them in a sunny location to encourage opening.
Anemones are considered an 'Accent Flower'. Based on our design ratio suggestions here's our recommended quantity suggestion:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-7 stems
- Maids: 3-5 stems
- Bouts: N/A, too delicate
- Corsages: N/A, too delicate
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: N/A. Typically too short-stemmed.
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Scabiosa, Cream Ranunculus; Garden Roses; Lisianthus; Spray Roses. **Anemones are exceptionally hard to substitute due to their unique navy center. We recommend using silk/faux anemones if they become off-crop