White Anemone Flower
Fresh White Anemones with their navy center are a DIY bride's favorite for their show-stopping look They look similar to a poppy with delicate, tissuey petals and they are the only Navy Wedding Flower! White Anemones is a great DIY wedding flower and can be used in DIY bridal bouquets, centerpieces, and small bud vases.
- Stem Count: 8-10 stems
- Color: White with navy center. **Sometimes white anemones can come with a lavender, green, or pink hue streaked through the center which fades as the bloom opens, this is a naturally occurring phenomenon of Mother Nature. White anemones come with a dark center 95% of the time, but occasionally they will come with green centers. Although we specify dark centers we cannot guarantee.
- Season: Fall, Winter, Spring (Not available May-Sept.)
- Special Care Note: Anemones are delicate so a higher loss is to be expected. We typically average 5-6 usable stems per bunch. Slight brown spots are pretty normal with white anemones, but most all imperfections blow out in the photos.
- Flower Design Type: Luxury Accent Flower
- Anemones need their own small vase...don't crowd!
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline.
- Anemones can come in tight, so place them in a sunny location to encourage opening.
The Good: Because of their distinctive look, anemones are statement pieces. Embody a graceful, subtle, sultry or elegant vibe with just a few of these blossoms. They add visual interest and contrast to a bouquet of other assorted blooms. These beauties are too delicate to use in boutonnieres or corsages, but they make a beautiful addition to bouquets and centerpieces.
The Bad: Overall, these lovelies are fussy and tend to be the 'problem child'. Anemones are especially delicate, so they might become unavailable if bad weather hits. Expect to lose 3-4 flowers for every 10 stems in your order. Luckily, you only need a couple to make an impression. If this makes you nervous, snag some faux ones from our supplies section. White anemones especially can occasionally have a few brown spots or discoloration. Slight imperfections like these are common and typically blow out in photos.
Anemones are considered an 'Accent Flower'. Based on our design ratio suggestions here's our recommended quantity suggestion:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-7 stems
- Maids: 3-5 stems
- Bouts: N/A, too delicate
- Corsages: N/A, too delicate
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: N/A. Typically too short-stemmed.
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Scabiosa, Cream Ranunculus; Garden Roses; Lisianthus; Spray Roses. **Anemones are exceptionally hard to substitute due to their unique navy center. We recommend using silk/faux anemones if they become off-crop
100% Fresh Guaranteed
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
White Anemone Flower
When should I place my order?
The latest you can place an order with us is 14 days before your delivery date.
Last-minute orders are generally more susceptible to flower substitutions. It's wise to give yourself as much time as possible.
How much should I buy?
Click here for guidance on how much to buy.
I have more questions
We have more answers! Check out our full FAQ help section here.
Your Shipping Options
- Local wholesale pickup
- Air cargo shipping
- Overnight to-your-door delivery
Which is best?
- Local wholesale pickup if available!
- Air cargo is the next best
- If neither are available, overnight shipping will be the way to go!
-More info here.
Ways to Shop
DIY Floral Packages
With over 38+ wedding color palettes to choose from, you'll find easy DIY packages with done-for-you recipes!
Custom Floral Design
Hope on a call with a professional floral designer and turn your Pinterest board into a reality!
Build Your Own Cart
Not vibing with our DIY packages or a custom design? Get creative and build your own cart!
FLOWER MOXIE SUPPLY
Visit our sister store, Flower Moxie Supplies, for everything you'll need to complete you DIY flower vision!
We have paintable vases, eco friendly mechanics, bouquet and boutonniere ribbon, floral arch supplies, and so much more!