How much should I buy?
STEP 1: Understanding What Flowers You Like
Look, we're not trying to make you balls-deep in boredom with this 'Flower Design Video', but it's crucial when trying to figure out how much you need.
Quantity and Floral Recipes are more than "Use 25 stems in a bridal bouquet!" because each flower has a different size and visual weight. For that reason, we have broken the flowers into four categories:
Watch this quick video -->
STEP 2: Jot Down The Flowers You Like
Use our printable worksheets below to help you identify the flowers you love!
- 5-7 stems filler/volume flowers
- 3-5 stems accent flowers
- 1/4 bunch texture flowers
- 1/4 bunch greenery total (per bridesmaid bouquet)
Bouts & Corsages
These take minimal flower volume & typically involves several sprigs of leftover greens & 1-3 buds
(Save any broken stems for these!)
Each one will be different so it’s best to average 1-2 sprigs of greens & 1-3 flower buds. We average 1 bunch of greenery for every 15 bud vases.
Example: 60 bud vases = 3-4 bunches of greenery & approx. 120 stems of flowers.
Suggested Recipe: 50 roses, 25 carnations, 1 bunch of lisianthus, 2 bunches of button poms, 1 bunch of ranunculus, give or take.
Loose Table Greens
6-8 foot rectangular tables
- 1-2 bunches of silver dollar, nagi, italian ruscus, or another similar green.
- Average 5-10 stems of filler flowers per table; carnations, roses, mums, & snapdragons work best!
- Accent flowers tend to be too delicate.
- 1/2 - 1 bunch of texture flowers are nice!