How early should I have my flowers delivered and do I need to refrigerate them?
This is our most common question.
First off, no, you don't want to refrigerate your flowers. On the contrary, flowers need to be in room temp to hydrate and open properly.
You will want to receive your flowers 2-3 days before your wedding day. If your wedding is happening during a cooler time of year, or have a room in your house that you can get particularly cool then I would suggest having your flowers delivered 3 days prior to your wedding. This means a Wednesday delivery for a Saturday wedding.
If it's July in Texas, then you'll want your flowers delivered 2 days before your wedding. This means a Thursday delivery for a Saturday wedding.
Feel free to email us if you have any questions!
What’s the guarantee on your flowers?No one likes crummy flowers, most of all me (Amy McCord). Flower Moxie stands 95% behind the quality of the flowers you receive. Now you're thinking, "Ummm...what about the other 5%???". GREAT QUESTION! Let me explain. As a florist, anytime I pick up from my local wholesaler or have them shipped, I anticipate not every bud will be perfect...out of 100 roses, I may have 5 that doesn't make the cut, and I'm not even stressing over it. Reason being, it's live 'produce'. It's a lot like buying a carton of blueberries, taking them home, rinsing them off, and tossing out a couple. No big deal, right? Same goes with flowers. When you are your own 'florist' this is part of it.
Does that mean we sell below-par flowers and hide behind the 5% rule?? Come on now...not a chance! Our flowers are sourced from the best wholesalers over the US. You're not getting flowers from an obscure farm somewhere in the world, but from the same place the best florists in the US gets their flowers.
- Damaged Flowers: Flower Moxie will re-ship the flowers at no extra cost to you or refund your money for the damaged flowers. In the rare case that you receive damaged flowers, Flower Moxie will request that you provide up to 3 photos within 12 hours of receiving your flowers. This does not include minor imperfections such as small spots, streaks, or slight color variations.
- Wrong Color: If you order light pink roses, and receive hot pink roses we will replace the flowers via overnight shipping or refund the cost. *This does not include if the shade is not the exact pale pink you had in mind. We do not guarantee exact color tone matches. Flowers are a natural product and vary in color from season to season.
- Missing Flowers: If you receive your order and find you're missing a bunch of flowers contact Flower Moxie ASAP and any missing items will be shipped at no extra cost.
- Flower Substitution: Simply put, I will not ship flowers that are below par. Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes and substitutions. All substitutions and changes are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a certain bloom is unavailable or the flowers are wilted and not in a condition to grace a wedding function, they are changed from the Flower Moxie’s side. We will call you to discuss this matter, and you can choose to accept the substitution or get a refund.
I’m confused. So how does this work, are you sending me the bouquets/centerpieces pre-made or is it DIY?It's all DIY, but with a 'hand-held' approach. The flowers are shipped in bunches, upon receiving your lovely blooms you will follow our instructions for prep, work flow, and recipes.
Flower Moxie's Collections aren't tough, I could teach my daddy how to make them. Most arrangements take about 10-15 minutes, and my brides typically spend about 30 minutes on their bridal bouquet if they have a lot of variation in flowers. I frequently ask my past clients how long it took them in total and they say that with the help of their mom and a few friends it took between 2-4 hours.
Having some help (mom, aunties, friends) really makes the process go faster, and choosing simpler designs.
A custom quote is especially helpful if you have a lot of floral components like altar arrangements, garland, arbor design.
- You’re in med school/law school/flight controller school with no time to wash your hair, much less do your own wedding flowers.
- You break down and cry if you do long division and get a remainder.
- You’re self-planning a wedding with a guest list of 500+ and not a soul to help you with your flowers.
- You were considered a candidate for the ‘Bridezilla’ show.
Oklahoma is where I live and work as a wedding planner and floral designer, so you’re getting the same flowers that I work with every weekend.
The flowers themselves come from all over the world…..Israel, Thailand, South America, all over! They are shipped to floral wholesalers and then sent to you.
Flower Moxie has wholesalers in the following cities, so if you are in the area you can pick them up directly and avoid a shipping charge. Here's the cities: Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Cleveland, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Portland, San Diego, Bakersfield, San Francisco.
Most Flower Moxie clients tweak our designs or design their own, so it's helpful to peruse all the videos!
My Colors are 'Blush' and 'Bashful', can you guarantee this color?
Here's the beautiful truth, pretty lady, no florist can. Flowers are living things, and each one is unique.
As a florist, many of my brides will give me swatches of material or paint chips to guide me when I'm selecting their flowers. I explain to them that their flowers will definitely be in that color scheme, but flowers can't be matched to a synthetic color. Don't let this worry you, this is a good thing! Uniqueness and variation is what makes flowers beautiful.
- Vases. I like this company if you want to buy them online!
- Snips or Shears. Here's an example. You'll want to have several on hand, and make sure they're clean and sharp!
- Hydration Buckets. My advice is get short plastic bathroom trashcans from Walmart. Reason being, I don't like buckets to be too deep....these work great!
- Ribbon for bouquets. I really like soft, satin ribbon.
- Access to our videos
- Any professional floral tools you may need like waterproof floral tape, stem tape, flower food, floral foam, floral picks.
How far in advance do I need to order?
Shipping typically costs about $65