Flower Moxie's Shipping Options
Flower Moxie is the only online DIY flower company to offer:
1. Air Cargo Shipping
2. Select Wholesaler Pickup Locations
3. Overnight Priority FedEx
FedEx Overnight Priority
- Orders $350 - 499 = $65
- Orders $500+ = $35 (discounted shipping break)
- Unforseen shipping delays. Since the pandemic began, we have seen an increase in shipping delays which means flowers take two days to arrive instead of overnight. And there's not a dang thing we can do about it. FedEx delays can cause stress on the flowers in hot weather months and stress on the couples (in all months).
- Lack of customer service. It's FedEx so you can scream all you want but ultimately you're at their mercy.
Local Pickup: Better
Local Wholesaler Pickup
- You can drive right up and pick up your flower order direct from the flower cooler!
- No drawbacks when picking up directly from the wholesaler though they do have very specific hours.
- Limited options. Before the pandemic, we had A LOT of wholesalers in many states. However, We have had to cut over 80% of them due to flower availability. The pandemic was BRUTAL on the industry and many have not recovered. For that reason, we had to shift our business model and go with a select few distributors that could consistently source flowers.
Air Cargo: BEST!
Air Cargo Shipping
- Orders $350 - 499 = $49
- Orders $500+ = FREE
- Reduced chance of shipping delays so this is a florist's go-to method to ship their blooms.
- Conveniently located within a mile or so of the airport (not in the airport). So, you can drive your car right up to the door and they will even help you load your box up!
- Flowers are kept cool throughout the entire process. Air cargo is not only used for fresh flowers, but also seafood so most facilities have coolers.
- Friendly customer service! We predominantly use SWA Cargo and they are incredible to work with! All you need is your Airbill number and anyone can pick up your box.
- Great hours! Many cargo facilities open early in the morning and close late at night.
- Flowers are not delivered to your doorstep. You must drive to the air cargo facility to pick 'em up, but it's worth it!
- Limited locations. Upon checkout you will see what is available in your state!
- Delays and rerouting are still on the table.
Still have questions??
Q: What shipping/pickup methods are available for my state?
A: Upon checkout you will enter in your shipping address, this will pull up everything that is available in your state! (Be sure to have at least $350 in your cart to view available options!)
Peruse the options slowly to make sure you pick the right one for you!
Q: What days do you deliver?
A: We offer overnight delivery Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
This provides flowers for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday weddings.
Q: I've never heard of air cargo and it makes me nervous. Should I just go with FedEx to make it easy??
A: We feel you! We felt intimidated the first time we picked up flowers from an air cargo station. Then we realized it was fast and easy and never looked back!
Here's the truth – florists avoid shipping their flowers via FedEx at all costs. Because they don't want to worry about an unforeseen delay, they will ship cargo any time they can.
You know how we get fresh fish and sushi in Oklahoma?! It's because SWA Cargo exists!
Your shipment is taken to the airport cargo station in the morning and loaded onto a passenger plane. The shipment can typically arrive the very same day or late that night. Your flowers are held in a cool location – oftentimes a cooler – where they wait for you to pick it up the following day.
While a delay is always possible it is very rare when shipping cargo, and often a non-issue due to the fact the flowers are kept in coolers rather than hot FedEx warehouses.
Q: Air cargo isn't an option for me. Should I panic and not order at all?
A: Nope, no panicking required! Over half of all our shipments are FedEx Overnight Priority, and every other floral company ships via FedEx so it is reliable. However, since we do see delays we encourage folks who can do Aircargo to go that direction.
If you need to go the FedEx route then we recommend shipping your box to an official FedEx station as a Hold For Pickup so you don't have to wait for your delivery or accidently miss your delivery.
Here's an article on how to ship your flowers to a FedEx Hold For Pickup Location. Just keep in the mind, you have to bring your ID and it has to match the name on the box because they are strict like that....
Q: What if my flowers are delayed by one day, will everything be dead on arrival???
A: Nope, not at all. We've been in business since 2014 and have seen many delays, and we have never seen all the flowers and greenery die. Not one time. In the hot weather months we have seen a few delicate flowers not make the trip,but most of the time they can be revived.
Although we are not responsible for a shipping delay, we will send replacements, if possible, or issue a refund if something doesn't make the trip.
Q: How big is the box of flowers? Will it fit in my car? I'm scared!
A: Box sizes vary but they can always fit in a backseat of a small car, trunk, or SUV. Flowers are shipped tightly packed so the flowers can't shift around much.
Our owner, Amy, has a small hybrid and can always fit thousands of dollars of flowers in her modest hatchback.
If you are driving long distances with flowers, keeping them in the box is the best call!
Once the flowers are unwrapped and prepped, they need to stay in their buckets.
Q: Do I need to sign for my packages?
A: Air Cargo Pickup: Yes. Anyone can pick up the box as long as they know the tracking/airbill number and will need to sign for the release of the packages.
FedEx Hold For Pickup Location: Yes. The name on the box needs to match your ID. This is annoying but it's their rule.
FedEx Delivery: Sometimes. This is up to the discretion of the driver. Sometimes they leave the flowers on the porch, sometimes they won't. If you miss your delivery then it is your responsibility to coordinate either a pick-up or redelivery attempt with FedEx. We will not be responsible for the flower quality if you missed your delivery and the flowers become compromised because they had to ride on a hot truck all day.