Characteristics of Hydrangea Wedding Flowers
With full blooms, lush volume and various color options, hydrangea wedding flowers have so much to offer for your bouquets. Their beautiful cluster of full petals will complement and contrast with various other flowers — for a classy and chic arrangement that expresses your style. Here are some characteristics to consider before buying hydrangeas for your DIY bouquets:
- Hydrangeas can come in pink, purple, blue, white, green and red — and sometimes they have hints of more than one color in their petals.
- The flowers on hydrangeas are actually tiny blossoms — but they grow in close clusters to give the appearance of big, ruffled flowers.
- Each hydrangea stem contains a puff-like cluster of blooms, and arrangements are built by cluster.
Choosing Hydrangea Flowers for Your Wedding
Do you love the fresh, unique look of hydrangeas? They add a perfect touch of beauty, life and light elegance to your wedding aesthetic. Whether your theme is pastel and spring-inspired or subdued and sophisticated, these beauties will add something special to your arrangements.
Hydrangeas are typically used as "fillers" or "volume flowers" — blooms that fill the gaps in bouquets, add volume and provide visual interest for the arrangements. Your filler flowers should take up about 35% of the design. Pair your hydrangeas with other beautiful blooms for use in:
- Bridal bouquets: Bring your personal bouquet to life with the addition of blooming hydrangeas. We recommend using five to eight stems to flesh out your bridal bouquet and complement your other blooms.
- Bridesmaid bouquets: Hydrangeas are also a lovely pick for bridesmaid bouquets. Add two to three stems of the flower to each arrangement.
- Centerpieces: Add texture and floral accents to each table by using hydrangea wedding flowers in your centerpieces. Three to six stems is just the right amount to draw your guests' attention without overwhelming the table.
- Large arrangements: Because they come in large clusters of little flowers, hydrangeas aren't a suitable choice for small details like boutonnieres, but they make the perfect addition to large arrangements. For especially big assortments, use 10 to 20 stems.
Buy Bulk Hydrangea Flowers Online
Ready to watch your wedding come to life? We believe in you! Make the DIY arrangements you dream of with our florist-grade blooms. Purchase your bulk hydrangeas online from Flower Moxie today.