DIY Brides love Weeping Podocarpus greenery for it's thin, wispy leaves and gentle draping movement! Very hardy and easy to work with!
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: Growers Bunch, 5-8 main stems with many branching stems
- Color: Green
- Season: All year but can occasionally be limited and hard to source.
- Flower Design Type: Greenery
The Good: It's a new greenery we've just discovered, and now we are using it in all the things like bacon! We love all feathery, dainty leaves in general but combine something that 'weeps' and we're sold! It's great for sign swags, arches, bouquets, and centerpieces....we find the leaves a bit too long to use in bouts and corsages, but if you're freaky like that then we're not there to stop you!
The Bad: Nothing, just sad when it's unavailable.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline.
Weeping Podocarpus is a 'Greenery'. Based on our design suggestions and this greenery's specific bunch size, here's our quantity recommendation:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Maids: 1/4-1/5 bunch, depends if there will be other greens involved
- Bouts: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4-1/5 bunch, depends if there will be other greens involved
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: A greenery that has a 'weeping' movement or another greenery specific to your palette and order. Weeping Podocarpus is a little tricky to sub out because not many greeneries fall in the this way.