Blush Pink King Protea Flower
DIY Brides love King Protea flower for it's HUGE IMPACT, show-stopping texture and interesting look! They are perfect for a tropical, cheerful, or Boho vibe. Perfect for DIY wedding or event! Shop from over 50+ flowers, or explore our DIY resources & order online today!
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 1 Stem
- Color: Variations white and pink, sometimes variations of burgundy
- Season: All Year, supply can be limited. Best in spring and fall, harder to source during summer.
- Flower Design Type: Texture
The Good: Wonderful texture, interesting and funky! Very predictable and easy to work with. We find a little goes a long way so great for accent.
The Bad: Queen or King Protea can sometimes be in limited supply and harder to source during the summer months. They are also heavy and unbendable which make them tricky to work with.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Keep away from heat or sun to extend vase life.
Pin Cushion Protea is considered an 'Texture Flower'. Based on our design suggestions here's our recommended quantities:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1-3 stems
- Maids: 1 stem
- Bouts: N/A, too large
- Corsages: N/A, too large
- Centerpieces: 1-3 stems
- Large Arrangements: 3-6. Typically too short-stemmed for tall arrangements but works great in foam cages.
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Another Protea variety or a highly textured element that works within your specific color palette.