Meet Amy McCord Jones
- Amy is the shouty mastermind behind Flower Moxie.
- Grew up a poor country girl. Never met a tree she couldn't climb.
- Deeply concerned her parents by collecting coyote bones, moss, and vacant birds’ nests.
- Felt most at home on the backs of dirt bikes, horses, emus, and cows while developing a tolerance for pain that would help her later in life as an entrepreneur.
- A mediocre student, but wildly curious.
- Dabbled in aviation, trapeze, rock climbing, boxing, and pottery.
- Snatched her degree in Forensics/Bio Sciences because Bone Collector.
- Soon grew tired of picking maggots off bodies and sobbing at the end of each work day.
- Moved to Austin to play her guitar and work as a chemist.
- Backpacked through 18 countries to figure life out.
- Proudest accomplishment: Only purse owned to date is a 12-year-old leather fanny pack.
- Lives in Oklahoma City with her beloved husband, Colin, and two of the sweetest dogs you could ever meet.
In her mid-twenties, Amy happened upon a little chapel that was going for sale in Oklahoma City. Being highly suggestive and having previously watched ‘The Wedding Planner,’ she thought to herself: I CAN ABSOLUTELY BE J-LO. Her mum bought the chapel, and her and her sister started a wedding planning and floral business.
In 2013, after 8 years and hundreds of weddings Amy had the idea to build a site specifically to help DIY brides with their wedding flowers. Flower Moxie was born as a side hustle on a $5,000 shoestring budget.
Read the whole Netflix-worthy story here.