Dusty Miller Greenery
DIY Brides love Dusty Miller greenery for its velvety soft, silver-grey leaves! Also known as Lamb's Ear and perfect fo ar DIY wedding or event!
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: Grower's Bunch. Small-medium bunch sizes. Average 3-5 main stems with many clusters of fatty leaves....great for tearing off and individually placing throughout centerpieces
- Color: Silver/Grey
- Season: All Year
- Flower Design Type: Greenery
The Good: We adore the soft, fuzzy texture and color! It's been a go-to for years to provide that popular grey color all the brides are after! It provides wonderful texture and pairs well with Eucalyptus greenery.
The Bad: Dusty Miller has a tendency to become floppy when out of water for extended periods of time, and it isn't the hardiest greenery in town. Keep this greenery in shallow water to avoid the leaves getting wet, as water damages the 'fuzzy look' on the foliage.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline
- Keep Dusty Miller in a shallow cup, or leave on packaging to avoid leaves from getting wet.
Dusty Miller is a 'Greenery'. Based on our design suggestions and this greenery's specific bunch size, here's our quantity recommendation:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/2-1 bunch
- Maids: 1/3 bunch
- Bouts: N/A, a leave CAN brace against the jacket, but in general, Dusty Miller is too floppy
- Corsages: N/A
- Centerpieces: 1/3 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches, but probably too short and delicate for tall designs or foam.
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Dusty Miller is a tricky greenery to sub out due to it's very unique color and texture so we'd need to base our sub choice off of your existing order and color palette.