Burgundy Snapdragon Flower
Burgundy Snapdragons are a wonderful DIY wedding flower for their organic shape and long stem. Snapdragons can be used in DIY wedding bouquets, centerpieces, arches, and large-scale floral arrangements.
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 10 Stems
- Color: Burgundy **These range from deep purple berry to burgundy. Expect some shade variation with these. I use them in Marsala palettes and find that with photo editing they look darker, and moodier....like my soul.
- Season: All Year
- Flower Design Type: Filler Flower
- Special Care Note: Snaps will curve towards light and can curve with gravity if they are stored at an angle, so keep'em upright.
The Good: We love to snaps due to their size and versatility. They come in a variety of colors and works for large scale designs, bouquets, and centerpieces.
The Bad: Snaps do not love to be shipped, especially in hot weather months. Best to pick them up, if possible. They are also curvy, which we don't mind, but it is bothersome to some. If this scares you, then go with stock, poms, carnations, or roses instead.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- IMPORTANT: Keep upright, wedge them with greenery to stand upright so they do not curve with gravity.
- Remove leaves below the waterline
- Pinch off any brown or 'chewy' looking buds
Snaps are considered a 'Filler' flower. Based on our design suggestions here's our quantity recommendations:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-8 stems
- Maids: 3-5 stems
- Bouts: N/A, too delicate
- Corsages: N/A, too delicate
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Stock, Larkspur, Carnations, Roses, or another flower that works within your specific color palette