Blue Thistle Flower
What's that blue spiky flower commonly seen in a boutonniere? You found it! Grab these blue thistle wild flowers for your DIY wedding bouquet or boutonniere!
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: weighted bunch, usually 5-7 stems with multiple branches
- Consistency: buds can be large or small
- Color: Dusty blue to slightly purple, can have green also
- Season: All Year
- Flower Design Type: Texture Flower
Pros: The texture of these silvery-blue thistle provides an elegant, stylistic touch to any floral arrangements. Thistles are strong, durable flowers that work well for boutonnieres, bouquets and centerpieces. The texture balances out masculine with the feminine to create eye-catching, visual interest. Plus this bloom makes for an unexpected surprise.
Cons: For the most part, this flower is well-behaved. While these can occasionally shed white pollen they generally cause no problems at all.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Keep away from heat or sun to extend vase life.
- Remove leaves below waterline
Thistle is a Texture Flower. Based on our design suggestions here's our quantity recommendations:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Maids: 1/4 bunch
- Bouts: 2-3 buds
- Corsages: 3-4 buds
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Another textured element that works within your specific color palette.