Stem Count: 100 stems (4 bunches with 25 stems per bunch) Color: Red Season: Year-Round Flower Design Type: Filler Flower Pros/Cons Fl...View full details
Original Price $ 125.00Current Price $ 98.00
All About Bulk Carnation Flowers for Your DIY Wedding
Bulk Carnations are considered the perfect Filler Flower.
Are you DIY-ing your way to the big day — your dream wedding? Include bulk carnation wedding flowers to add some versatility and beauty to your floral designs.
Bulk Carnation wedding flowers come in a variety of colors, sizes and variations. They look beautiful in a spring or summer wedding bouquet, and you can even use them to create an absolutely stunning floral backdrop behind your altar. You can also use carnations as a unique boutonniere for all the groomsmen.
At Flower Moxie, we take the hard work out of the most essential DIY task — putting together your wedding flowers. With florist-quality carnations for better prices and design directions to inspire you, we make sure you're confident and capable of #BossBride status.
Looking for a flower that works with any theme and color scheme? Explore our selection of beautiful bulk carnation flowers.
Characteristics of Carnation Wedding Flowers
Fresh, textured and full of color, carnations are a classic choice with a little more sass than roses. With ruffled petals and big blooms, they're both graceful and bold — and available in so many shades. Whether you're going for whimsical or sophisticated, these blooms will fit into your aesthetic. Here are a few features to consider before buying carnations as your wedding flowers:
- Carnations offer big, full blooms up to six inches in diameter.
- Blooms last long after they are cut.
- The flowers come in shades of pink, red, purple, white, green, yellow and even in stripes.
- Carnations are very long-lasting and easy to care for, making them the perfect choice for DIY Wedding Flowers.
Meaning of Carnation Wedding Flowers
Carnation Flowers are often associated with love, fascination and distinction. How perfect for a wedding! One of the coolest things about DIY Wedding Carnations is that each color has a different meaning:
- Red carnations represent deep love and affection.
- Pink carnations signify the purest form of love.
- White carnations stand for purity.
- Purple carnations show capriciousness.
- Green carnations represent luck and good fortune.
- Yellow carnations symbolize a lost love.
- Orange carnations express admiration.
- Bicolor Red and White carnations symbolize unity.
- Peach carnations show gratitude.
- Lavender carnations symbolize love at first sight.
- Terracotta carnations signify warmth.
- Burgundy carnations show deep love and affection.
- Blue carnations are very rare and are said to represent uniqueness.
As you can see, carnations are incredibly versatile. You can use them to create any wedding theme you can imagine — rustic, romantic, vintage, bohemian… the list goes on. Combining colors of carnations can also create special messages and meanings for your wedding guests.
Carnation Wedding Flower Arrangements
Carnations are a great way to add texture and volume to your wedding flowers. They can be used as filler or as the main attraction in your floral designs. Here are a few ideas on how to use carnations in your wedding:
- For your bridal bouquet, combine carnations with roses, daisies or baby's breath. Carnations also look beautiful on their own. Create a simple, elegant bouquet with all carnations in one color or use multiple colors to
- Use bright and fun colored carnations mixed with smaller flowers like Wax Flower or Feverfew Chamomile to create a wildflower look.
- Mix different colors of carnations for a fun and festive look. Adding texture elements like Berries and Solidago pair well with carnations too!
- For a vintage feel, combine different shades of pink or purple carnations with lavender. The Dusty Lavender Hypnosis Carnation and the Pink Antigua Fancy Carnations are the perfect vintage vibes.
- Use white carnations to create a elegant and classic bouquet. Add in some White Escimo Roses and White Calla Lilies for extreme elegance!
- Carnation Wedding Flowers make beautiful and inexpensive wedding centerpieces. Here are a few ideas on how to use carnations in your wedding centerpieces:
- For a rustic-chic look, combine carnations with mason jars and burlap.
- For a more formal look, use all white carnations in tall vases with baby's breath.
- For a fun and festive look, use different colors of carnations in low vases with greens.
- For a boho look, combine carnations with feathers, succulents and air plants.
- Carnation Wedding Flower Backdrop: A carnation wedding flower backdrop is a beautiful and unique way to decorate your ceremony space. Use carnations to create a beautiful floral backdrop for your altar, photo booth or sweetheart table.
- You can use carnations to create a floral arch, a wall of flowers or even a floral chandelier.
- Boutonnieres and Corsages: Carnations make beautiful boutonnieres and corsages. You can use all one color or mix different colors together.
- Carnation Flower Crowns: For a rustic or bohemian wedding, carnation flower crowns are the perfect accessory for your bridesmaids. Simply weave fresh or silk carnations into a metal headband.
- Carnation Chandelier: Want to make a grand entrance? Adorn the doorway with a cascading chandelier made of fresh or silk carnations.
- Carnation on Your Wedding Cake: Add a carnation or two to your wedding cake for a touch of elegance.
Make a statement by carrying a bouquet of all-red carnations or go for a more demure look with white and green blooms. For something different, try mixing carnations with other flowers like baby's breath, roses, daisies or even succulents.
Whether you are looking for a simple way to decorate your wedding venue or wanting to add some flair to your centerpieces, carnations are a great choice. You can use them to adorn your wedding cake, fill mason jars or line the aisle.
Choosing Bulk Carnations for Your Wedding
Love the idea of adding these unique blooms into your arrangements? Carnations are a "filler flower" or "volume flower" because of their ability to fill gaps between other blooms. These flowers add volume, texture and color to bouquets and should make up about 35% of the total design. Carnations are also versatile and will work for almost any kind of arrangement.
Here are the best ways to use carnations in your wedding flower arrangements:
- Bridal and bridesmaid bouquets: Make yourself and your bridesmaids stand out with bouquets of beautiful carnations and other blooms. We recommend using six to 12 stems to offset your bridal bouquet and three to five stems for each of your bridesmaids.
- Boutonnieres and corsages: Carnations offer the perfect balance between large and small. In addition to big arrangements, they also work beautifully in small designs like boutonnieres. Use one or two blooms for boutonnieres and two to three for corsages.
- Centerpieces and large arrangements: Add fresh carnations to your table decor and other large arrangements. Use three to six stems for centerpieces and 10 to 25 for bigger designs.
How to Care for Your DIY Wedding Bulk Carnation Flowers
When ordering Bulk Carnation Flowers from Flower Moxie, the flowers will arrive fresh and ready to use after being processed and hydrated. The Bulk Carnation Flowers will be shipped in flower boxes and wrapped with paper to protect the flowers during transit. Upon arrival, it is important to open the box and remove the Carnation Flowers from the packaging. The flowers will need to be re-cut and placed in fresh and clean water. Carnation Flowers will last anywhere from 5 to 10 days when properly cared for.
To extend the life of your Carnation flowers, we recommend following these simple tips:
- Keep the Carnation Flowers in a cool location, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources
- Change the water after 2 days or if it looks dirty
- Add flower food to the water following the packet's instructions
- Re-cut the stems every 2 to 3 days or as needed
- Remove any broken or browning stems and set aside for boutonnieres and corsages
By following these simple tips, you can rest assured knowing that your Carnation flowers will perform beautifully in your bouquets, centerpieces, flower crowns, arch arrangements, centerpieces, and all other DIY wedding decor.
Buy Bulk Carnation Flowers Online for Your DIY Wedding
When you are ready to put your dream wedding together with DIY skill, Flower Moxie is here to make it simple. Shop our gorgeous selection of bulk carnation wedding flowers online — and explore our chic design ideas for more inspiration.
If you are looking for an easy way to add Bulk Carnation flowers to your wedding decor, look no further than Flower Moxie. We offer a wide variety of Carnation flowers in every color. In addition, we offer a convenient online ordering system so you can get your flowers delivered right to your door via FedEx or shipped Air Cargo by Southwest. Check out our shipping options here. If you are looking for bunches upon bunches of Carnation flowers, consider buying in bulk. Flower Moxie offers a wide selection of Carnation flowers for bulk purchase. Shop our selection here.
If you are planning to DIY your wedding flowers, we recommend that you place your order for wedding supplies at least 2 to 3 months before the big day. By being proactive and placing your order early, you can to help avoid any last-minute stress on your big day and have less items on your checklist. We will ship your flowers to you 3 days before your DIY Wedding or event so you have enough time to make them into the bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements of your dreams. Check out our timeline instructions and video!
Flower Moxie provides all of the information, tutorials, and tips that you need to create beautiful Wedding Flowers with Carnation Flowers. From bouquets to boutonnieres to garlands and more, we have everything you need to bring your vision to life.
No matter what your vision is for your big day, Flower Moxie can help you. For more information about our Carnations and other flowers, or to place an order, please contact us today. We are here to help make your wedding dreams a reality!
We hope you enjoyed learning all about Carnations and how to use them in your DIY wedding flowers. Be sure to check out our other DIY Wedding Flower Guides for more great tips and tricks! DIY Wedding Flowers can be a lot of work, but they are so worth it when you see the final product on your big day! Congratulations and happy DIYing!
Flower Moxie offers a wide variety of DIY wedding flowers and supplies. Please check out our Supply Store here for all of your DIY Wedding Flower needs! If you need help getting started, our experts are always available to offer tips and advice.