All About Purple and Lavender for Your DIY Wedding Flowers
If you are looking for a way to add a little romance to your DIY wedding flowers, consider using purple and lavender tones. Purple and lavender blooms have a soft, feminine quality that can help create a dreamy and romantic ambiance. Plus, they go well with just about any other color, so you can easily incorporate them into your overall wedding color scheme.
Purple and lavender roses are a popular choice for wedding bouquets and centerpieces, but there are plenty of other purple and lavender flowers to choose from as well. For example, peonies and ranunculus are two other great options. And don't forget about filler flowers! Purple and lavender baby's breath or carnations would be lovely additions to any arrangement.
Meaning of Purple and Lavender DIY Wedding Flowers
Purple and lavender flowers can represent many different things. For example, they are often used to symbolize innocence, gratitude, and joy. They can also be a way to show appreciation for someone who has been there for you during a difficult time.
If you are looking for DIY wedding flower ideas that will help you create a beautiful and romantic ambiance, consider using purple and lavender blooms. Purple and lavender roses, peonies, ranunculus, and carnations are all great choices. And don't forget about filler flowers like baby's breath or wax flower. Whatever combination of purple and lavender wedding flowers you choose, they are sure to add a touch of romance to your big day!
Using Purple and Lavender Flowers in Your DIY Wedding
Not sure how to put it all together? Check out some of our favorite DIY purple and lavender wedding flower arrangement recommendations below. From bouquets to centerpieces, there's sure to be something here that inspires you.
- Bouquets: For a pretty purple and lavender bouquet, mix together roses, peonies, ranunculus, and baby's breath. Wrap the stems with ribbon or twine for a finishing touch.
- Centerpieces: Create a romantic centerpiece by filling a vase with purple or lavender roses and tinted lavender baby's breath. Place some votive candles around the arrangement for an extra touch of romance.
- Corsages: A corsage made with a few buds from lavender spray roses is simple but elegant. Add some greenery and wax flower for a fuller look.
- Boutonnieres: A small boutonniere made with a lavender rose and some greenery is the perfect way to add a touch of color to the groom's outfit.
- Arch Arrangements: For a DIY wedding arch or chuppah, try draping purple, lavender, and white roses around the structure. Add some greenery for extra fullness and texture.
- Ceremony Urns: Urns filled with all purple and lavender flowers make for a beautiful ceremony backdrop. Try mixing together roses, snapdragons, carnations, and baby's breath.
Whether you use purple and lavender flowers throughout your DIY wedding flowers or just as accents, purple and lavender blooms are a great way to add a touch of romance to your big day. So don't be afraid to get creative with your arrangements!
Looking for more DIY wedding flower inspiration? Check out our resources and tutorials for creating your own wedding flowers.
Most Popular Purple and Lavender Flowers for Weddings
With purple and lavender in your color palette, the possibilities are endless. Whether you are looking for light or dark, bold or subdued, purple and lavender wedding flowers are always chic and versatile. Not sure where to start with your bloom selection? Here are some of the most popular purple and lavender choices for bridal bouquets and arrangements:
- Lavender Roses: When you want to keep it classic, you can never go wrong with lavender roses. Choose from various types of roses — like traditional, garden and spray — to suit your personal tastes. Whether you use various shades of lavender, intersperse your lavender roses with other colors or keep each arrangement one tone, lavender roses are timeless.
- Purple Carnations: Offering blooming texture and a crimped spray of petals, carnations have a signature look brides love. These lavender and purple beauties look lovely in bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces alike. You can even choose mini carnations to suit your design needs.
- Deep Purple Ranunculus: With rose-like layers of tissue-thin petals perfectly coiled around their center, ranunculus are breathtaking blooms that offer a beautiful contrast to other flowers in your bouquet. Complement paler lavender blooms with deep purple ranunculus for a modern but elegant look.
- Many More: And those are just a few of the most popular purple and lavender flowers for weddings. Other great choices include mini carnations, lisianthus, spray roses and stock!
You have so many more options when it comes to picking purple and lavender flowers. Explore Flower Moxie's blooming selection for more ideas.
How to Care for Your Purple and Lavender DIY Wedding Flowers
When ordering purple and lavender flowers from Flower Moxie, the flowers will arrive fresh and ready to use after being processed and hydrated. The purple and lavender flowers will be shipped in flower boxes and wrapped with paper to protect the flowers during transit. Upon arrival, it is important to open the box and remove the purple and lavender flowers from the packaging. The flowers will need to be re-cut and placed in fresh and clean water. It is important to remove any leaves that will be below the water line as these leaves can rot and contaminate the water. Fresh flowers will last anywhere from 5 to 10 days when properly cared for. If you are planning on using fresh flowers in your DIY wedding, here are a few tips to help you out:
- Make sure to choose the best looking stems that are free of blemishes for your DIY bridal bouquet.
- Trim the stems of the flowers and place into buckets of water and let the flowers hydrate overnight before designing with them.
- Add flower food to the water you're using to keep the flowers fresh.
- Choose an appropriately sized bucket or container to support the stem length of your flowers.
- Keep the flowers in a cool location, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources
- Change the water after 2 days or if it looks dirty, making sure to remove any foliage below the water line. Trim the stems again if necessary.
- Re-cut the stems every 2 to 3 days or as needed
- Remove any broken or browning stems and set aside for boutonnieres and corsages!
With its wide range of flower options and lovely shade, purple and lavender flowers are a great DIY flower choice for your wedding. Follow these tips to ensure that your flowers look beautiful and stay fresh throughout your big day.
Buy Purple and Lavender Flowers Online
If you are looking for an easy way to add purple and lavender flowers to your wedding decor, look no further than Flower Moxie. We offer a wide variety of purple and lavender flowers in every color. In addition, we offer a convenient online ordering system so you can get your flowers delivered right to your door via FedEx or shipped Air Cargo by Southwest. Check out our shipping options here. If you are looking for bunches upon bunches of purple and lavender flowers, consider buying in bulk. Flower Moxie offers a wide selection of purple and lavender flowers for bulk purchase. Shop our selection here.
If you are planning to DIY your wedding flowers, we recommend that you place your order for wedding supplies at least 2 to 3 months before the big day. By being proactive and placing your order early, you can to help avoid any last-minute stress on your big day and have less items on your checklist. We will ship your flowers to you 3 days before your DIY Wedding or event so you have enough time to make them into the bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements of your dreams. Check out our timeline instructions and video!
Flower Moxie provides all of the information, tutorials, and tips that you need to create beautiful Purple and lavender Wedding Flowers. From bouquets to boutonnieres to garlands and more, we have everything you need to bring your vision to life.
No matter what your vision is for your big day, Flower Moxie can help you. For more information about our purple and lavender flowers, or to place an order, please contact us today. We are here to help make your wedding dreams a reality!