MAY-JUNE ONLY Burgundy Peony Flower
Burgundy Peonies are probably the top DIY favorite bloom. They are heavily petaled, lovely fragrance, and a size impactful flower. Peonies are considered to be an Accent Luxury Bloom that works perfectly in bridal bouquets, bridesmaid bouquets, centerpieces, and large-scale floral arrangements.
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 5 stems
- Color: Deep Red to Burgundy, can lean fuchsia **Peonies are often inconsistent in shade, so have a can of Burgundy Design Master to control color.
- Season: Very Seasonal, Late May-June. Sometimes Nov-January, but inquire before ordering since each winter varies.
- Flower Design Type: Accent Luxury Flower
The Good: Do we need to explain this??? Peonies are the wedding flower of the century. When in season, they are MAGNIFICENT!
The Bad: Inconsistent in size and color. Limited availability and very seasonal. Pricey. As much as we ADORE peonies they can really vary in color so we suggest having some Design Master on hand to spray them if your color palette isn't flexible. If you're on the fence, go with a ranunculus or garden rose. As much as we adore peonies, they can be fussy.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Place in sunny spot to encourage opening.
- Remove leaves below the waterline.
- If the Peony blows-out or opens too quickly, then place in a clean fridge to extend vase-life and the peony will close back up.
Peonies are considered an 'Accent Luxury Flower'. Based on our design suggestions here are our recommended quantities:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-10 stems, use 20 stems if you want the entire bouquet to be peonies.
- Maids: 1-3 stems
- Bouts: N/A, too large
- Corsages: 1 stem
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: 10-20 stems
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Ranunculus, Garden Roses, or another luxury flower that works within your specific palette.