Dahlia- Lavender Purple
***Due to the delicate nature of dahlias we cannot guarantee or issue refunds on dahlias so it is buyer-beware. They do not ship well, so it is best to purchase if you can pick up at one of our local wholesalers.
- Stem Count: 5 Blooms
- Season: Spring- Early Fall
- Color: Lavender, but can pull a bit pink.
- Description: Stiff stems. Bloom typically grows sideways facing, not facing up so can be difficult to work with. Soft, delicate petals with extremely short vase life.
- Flower Care: Dahlia's stems have a lot of bacteria and should be placed away from other blooms in only a few inches of water. Water should be changed daily. Best to have professional refrigeration, as dahlias have a short vase life.
- What's Good About 'Em? What's Bad About 'Em?
- The Good: When you have a few perfect blooms nothing can be more glorious! Especially with the dinner plate variety!
- The Bad: Dahlias can be the pits to work with. They can look beautiful one day and horrible af the next, just tend to be very temperamental in general. They need their own separate container during the prep process and need to stay in a cool area. We typically only have 1-2 usable blooms per bunch.
- Quantity Help:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1-3 stems
- Maids: 1-2 stems
- Bouts: N/A
- Corsages: N/A
- Centerpieces: 1-3 stems
- Large Arrangements: N/A