Blue Indigo Anemone Flower
Anemones are a DIY bride's favorite for their show-stopping bold center. They look similar to a poppy with delicate, tissuey petals. Anemones are a bit delicate, curved, and they work great in bouquets and centerpieces!
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 8-10 stems
- Color: Blue Indigo, can lean purple. Variation is common.
- Season: Fall, Winter, Spring (Not available May-Sept.)
- Special Care Note: Anemones are delicate so a higher loss is to be expected. We typically average 5-6 usable stems per bunch.
- Flower Design Type: Luxury Accent Flower
The Good: Because of their distinctive look, anemones are statement pieces. Embody a graceful, subtle, sultry or elegant vibe with just a few of these blossoms. They add visual interest and contrast to a bouquet of other assorted blooms. These beauties are too delicate to use in boutonnieres or corsages, but they make a beautiful addition to bouquets and centerpieces.
The Bad: Overall, these lovelies are fussy and tend to be the 'problem child'. Anemones are especially delicate, so they might become unavailable if bad weather hits. Expect to lose three flowers for every 10 stems your order. Luckily, you only need a couple to make an impression. If this makes you nervous, snag some faux ones off of Amazon.
- Anemones need their own small vase...don't crowd!
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline.
- Anemones can come in tight, so place them in a sunny location to encourage opening.
Anemones are considered an 'Accent Flower'. Based on our design ratio suggestions here's our recommended quantity suggestion:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-7 stems
- Maids: 3-5 stems
- Bouts: N/A, too delicate
- Corsages: N/A, too delicate
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: N/A. Typically too short-stemmed.
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Scabiosa, Cream Ranunculus; Garden Roses; Lisianthus; Spray Roses. **Anemones are exceptionally hard to substitute due to their unique navy center. We recommend using silk/faux anemones if they become off-crop