Brownie Mauve Tulip Flower
Brownie Mauve Tulips are complete magic when pulling into a DIY Mauve Wedding Palette! Brownie Tulips are artificially dyed so the greenery tends to be dark, and there is a variation of mauve and plum veining that runs throughout the petals. Our favorite thing to do is to reflex the petals right before use to create visual interest.
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 10 stems per bunch
- Color: Variety of mauve and plum shades. Brownie tulips are artificially dyed so the color may vary
- Season: All year but sometimes they are hard to source because dyed tulips are a new product line farms are trying. Must be ordered in advance.
- Flower Design Type: Accent Luxury Flower
The Good: We ADORE the color of dyed Brownie Tulips! The veining looks incredible, and they are extremely eye-catching when reflexed.
The Bad: Because Brown Tulips are dyed, they do not have a very long vase life, you can expect to lose more than usual, and the greenery is typically always unusable. Tulips in general snap easily so handle them with care.
- Brownie Tulips need their own vase, as the dye turns the water red.
- Keep them well supported in a cylinder vase. They are prone to curving.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Keep away from heat or sun to extend vase life.
- Remove leaves below the waterline.
- Tulips snap very easily, so gently peel away any bad greenery.
Brownie Tulips are considered an 'Accent Luxury Flower'. Based on our design suggestions here are our recommended quantities:
- Bridal Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Maids: 1-3 stems
- Bouts: 1 stem **Tulips may be too delicate.
- Corsages: 1-2 stem
- Centerpieces: 1-3 stems
- Large Arrangements: N/A. Typically too short-stemmed.
Brownie Tulips are a specialty item that must be ordered well in advance. Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Mauve Astrantia, Brown Lisianthus, Chocolate Queen Anne's lace. There are not many flowers at all that look like a Brownie Tulip. We will need to base the substitute on your specific order.