Purple Privet Berry Foliage
Purple Privet Berry Foliage is a DIY wedding flower favorite for its subtle green texture! Many brides love the tiny green berries. Purple Privet Berry can be used in DIY boutonnieres, bridal bouquets, and centerpieces.
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: Growers bunch, averaging 3-5 main stems with branching stems and berries. Small bunch sizes.
- Color: Purple, but can have green berries if early in the season
- Season: Very seasonal, Late Fall and Winter
- Flower Design Type: Texture Flower
The Good: Privet is one of our most favorite berry element due to the texture of it's 'tiny grape sized' berries! It is more delicate than hypericum, so we often use it in daintier arrangements.
The Bad: Inconsistent bunch sizes and the fullness of berries can be sparse. Also, these little berries like to shed like a Siberian Husky, so expect this! The foliage isn't our favorites, so we typically snip it off. **We added many photos in an attempt to show all the different ways/shapes privet can come so you're properly informed for realistic expectations.
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below the waterline.
Purple Privet Berry is considered a 'Texture Flower'. Based on our design ratio suggestions here's our quantity recommendations:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Maids: 1/4 bunch
- Bouts: sprigs
- Corsages: sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Snowberry, hypericum berries, or another textured element that works within your specific palette.