Stem Count: 25 bunches with 10 stems per bunch (250 stems total) Color: Medium to Dark Blue Season: All Year Flower Design Type: Greenery...View full details
Blue Flowers | Bulk Fresh Wedding Flowers
Stem Count: 25 bunches with 10 stems per bunch (250 stems total) Color: Metallic Silver with Pink and Blue accents Season: All Year Flowe...View full details
All About Blue Flowers for Your DIY Wedding
Blue flowers are the perfect DIY wedding flower. They are extremely versatile in color palettes, and they add a beautiful bright or muted pop of color to any wedding. If you are looking for a way to add a textured flair to your DIY wedding flowers, consider using blue tones. Blue blooms have a fun, textured quality that can help create a whimsical and wildflower ambiance. Plus, they go well with just about any other color, so you can easily incorporate them into your overall wedding color scheme.
Blue Thistle is a popular choice for wedding bouquets and centerpieces, but there are plenty of other blue flowers to choose from as well. For example, carnations and delphinium are two other great options. And don't forget about filler flowers! Blue Tweedia flowers and blue hydrangea would be lovely additions to any arrangement.
Meaning of Blue DIY Wedding Flowers
Blue flowers can represent many different things, which makes them ideal for DIY weddings. For example, they can symbolize trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth. Blue flowers can also be used to represent heaven, or a deep desire for peace and tranquility. If you are looking for a way to add meaning to your wedding flowers, consider using blue blooms.
Mix and match blue flowers to create a special meaning for your DIY wedding.
Using Blue Flowers in Your DIY Wedding
Loving blue flowers and everything about them but not sure how to put it all together? Check out some of our favorite DIY blue wedding flower arrangement recommendations below. From bouquets to centerpieces, there's sure to be something here that inspires you.
- Bouquets: For a light and bright blue bouquet, mix together white or yellow roses, bright carnations, blue thistle, and blue delphium. Wrap the stems with ribbon or twine for a finishing touch. Add pops of other colors using bright pink or orange flowers or any of your favorite blooms.
- Centerpieces: Create a classic centerpiece by filling a vase with blue hydrangea and blue tweedia. Place some votive candles around the arrangement for an extra touch of romance. And don't forget the Silver Dollar Eucalyptus around the candles and flowers for extra flair!
- Corsages: A corsage made with a few buds from blue thistle is simple but elegant. Add some greenery and white lisianthus flower buds for a fuller look.
- Boutonnieres: A small boutonniere made with a blue delphinium and blue thistle buds and some greenery is the perfect way to add a touch of color to the groom's attire.
- Arch Arrangements: For a DIY wedding arch or chuppah, try draping white and blue delphinium around the structure. Add some greenery for extra fullness and texture.
- Ceremony Urns: Urns filled with all blue flowers make for a beautiful ceremony backdrop. Try mixing together blue hydrangea, indigo statice, blue carnations, and lush greenery.
Whether you use blue flowers throughout your DIY wedding flowers or just as accents, blue blooms are a great way to add a touch of romance to your big day. So don't be afraid to get creative with your arrangements!
Looking for more DIY wedding flower inspiration? Check out our resources and tutorials for creating your own wedding flowers.
Most Popular Blue Flowers for DIY Weddings
With blue in your color palette, the possibilities are endless. Whether you are looking for light or wildflower, bold or subdued, blue wedding flowers are always chic and versatile. Not sure where to start with your bloom selection? Here are some of the most popular blue choices for bridal bouquets and arrangements:
- Blue Thistle: These spiky blooms make for a unique and eye-catching addition to any arrangement.
- Blue Carnations: These long-lasting blooms are perfect for DIY wedding projects.
- Indigo Statice: A beautiful filler flower that adds texture and depth to arrangements.
- Blue Delphinium Flowers: Another great option for adding height and interest to bouquets and centerpieces.
- Blue Hydrangea: A classic wedding flower that can be used in a variety of ways.
- Blue Tweedia: A pretty blue flower that adds a touch of whimsy to any arrangement.
- Blue Tinted Baby's Breath: This delicate bloom is perfect for adding a touch of color to bouquets and arrangements.
- Blue Tinted Israeli Ruscus: A beautiful greenery that can be used to fill in gaps and add texture.
- Blue Dendrobium Orchids: A luxurious bloom that adds a touch of elegance to any arrangement.
Now that you have an idea of some of the most popular blue wedding flowers, it is time to start planning your arrangements! Check out our DIY wedding flower tutorials for step-by-step instructions on how to create your own bouquets, centerpieces, and more.
How to Care for Your Blue DIY Wedding Flowers
When ordering blue flowers from Flower Moxie, the flowers will arrive fresh and ready to use after being processed and hydrated. The blue flowers will be shipped in flower boxes and wrapped with paper to protect the flowers during transit. Upon arrival, it is important to open the box and remove the blue flowers from the packaging. The flowers will need to be re-cut and placed in fresh and clean water. It is important to remove any leaves that will be below the water line as these leaves can rot and contaminate the water. Fresh flowers will last anywhere from 5 to 10 days when properly cared for. If you are planning on using fresh flowers in your DIY wedding, here are a few tips to help you out:
- Make sure to choose the best looking stems that are free of blemishes for your DIY bridal bouquet.
- Trim the stems of the flowers and place into buckets of water and let the flowers hydrate overnight before designing with them.
- Add flower food to the water you're using to keep the flowers fresh.
- Choose an appropriately sized bucket or container to support the stem length of your flowers.
- Keep the flowers in a cool location, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources
- Change the water after 2 days or if it looks dirty, making sure to remove any foliage below the water line. Trim the stems again if necessary.
- Re-cut the stems every 2 to 3 days or as needed
- Remove any broken or browning stems and set aside for boutonnieres and corsages!
With its wide range of flower options and lovely shade, blue flowers are a great DIY flower choice for your wedding. Follow these tips to ensure that your flowers look beautiful and stay fresh throughout your big day.
Buy Blue Flowers Online
If you are looking for an easy way to add blue flowers to your wedding decor, look no further than Flower Moxie. We offer a wide variety of blue flowers in every color. In addition, we offer a convenient online ordering system so you can get your flowers delivered right to your door via FedEx or shipped Air Cargo by Southwest. Check out our shipping options here. If you are looking for bunches upon bunches of blue flowers, consider buying in bulk. Flower Moxie offers a wide selection of blue flowers for bulk purchase. Shop our selection here.
If you are planning to DIY your wedding flowers, we recommend that you place your order for wedding supplies at least 2 to 3 months before the big day. By being proactive and placing your order early, you can to help avoid any last-minute stress on your big day and have less items on your checklist. We will ship your flowers to you 3 days before your DIY Wedding or event so you have enough time to make them into the bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements of your dreams. Check out our timeline instructions and video!
Flower Moxie provides all of the information, tutorials, and tips that you need to create beautiful Blue Wedding Flowers. From bouquets to boutonnieres to garlands and more, we have everything you need to bring your vision to life.
No matter what your vision is for your big day, Flower Moxie can help you. For more information about our blue flowers, or to place an order, please contact us today. We are here to help make your wedding dreams a reality!