DIY Brides love Salal, also called Lemon Leaf, as a bulk greenery! Salal comes in large bunch sizes and is extremely hardy.
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- This is Standard Salal, which has larger bunch sizes than Salal tips and mature leaves that are larger. Best for large scale arrangements. Salal tips work better for bouquets and small centerpieces.
- Stem Count: Grower's bunch. Large bunche sizes and averages 20 stems per bunch
- Color: Green
- Season: All Year
- Flower Design Type: Greenery
The Good: We love salal because it's so hardy and versatile! The bunch sizes are really large so it makes for great coverage!
The Bad: Not a lot of bad with salal, sometimes the standard variety can have some spotted leaves or chewed leaves, but that's easy pluck off, other than that it's a great greenery to work with!
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline.
Salal is a 'Greenery'. Based on our design suggestions and this greenery's specific bunch size, here's our quantity recommendation:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/6 bunch
- Maids: 1/6 bunch
- Bouts: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/5 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Salal has never been unavailable, but if we had to sub we'd pick Huck or Nagi