Amaranthus- Green Hanging
- Stem Count: 5-8 Stems
- Season: All Year
- Color: Light Green
- Description: Long, heavy stems with hanging clusters of fuzzy buds that have a moss-like effect. Undesirable foliage, recommend cutting off. The length of the blooms really vary from 6'' to several feet.
- Flower Care: Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water away from sun.
- What's Good About 'Em? What's Bad About 'Em?
- The Good: Amaranthus has a beautiful draping effect that spills out of centerpieces or bouquets. Highly textured with beautiful cascade movement. We find that a little goes a long way so it's a great accent element.
- The Bad: The foliage attached to Amaranthus is often too 'chewy' to use so we almost ALWAYS snip it off. The stems can be very large and heavy to work with, and it does not have a very long vase-life. It can often be inconsistent in length so it's not uncommon to cut the hanging part down (technically, not a bad thing)
- Quantity Help:
- Bridal Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Maids: 1-3 stems
- Bouts: N/A
- Corsages: N/A
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: Average 1/2 to 1 bunch per urn.