Stem Count: 8-10 stems with 3-6 buds on each stem Color: White and Cream **sometimes blushy center Season: All Year Flower Design Typ...View full details
All About Spray Rose Flowers for Your DIY Wedding
Are you planning a dazzling DIY wedding full of spray roses? You go, girl.
Spray roses grow in clusters of blooms on one stem or branch instead of long-term roses that produce one bloom per stem. Fresh spray roses create a cluster of smaller blooms that look more open and fanned out than the roses you typically see on Valentine's Day. These absolutely gorgeous flowers will add beautiful touches to the wedding of your dreams.
Looking for bulk spray roses that offer a special addition to your floral designs? When you want a delicate flower choice that's both classy and unique, we think you'll love what our spray roses can do for your bouquets, boutonnieres and other DIY arrangements.
Roses vs. Spray Roses
Are you wondering what the difference is between standard roses and spray roses? We have got you covered. While these bloom siblings may look similar, they differ in a few key ways:
- Appearance: Standard roses are known for their big, full blooms, close layers of petals and single-stem grace. While regular roses have fewer petals curved more closely together, spray roses' smaller blooms appear a little more open and fanned-out.
- Bloom type: While standard roses develop one bloom per stem, spray roses develop in bunches. Each stem can develop multiple smaller stems, which branch off into their own blooms as semi-doubles or doubles. A typical rose has about four to eight petals, while a stem of spray roses can have up to 25 on semi-doubles and 45 on doubles.
- Size: Even though they have fewer petals, standard single roses are larger, while spray roses are sometimes called "miniature roses" because of their smaller blooms.
Meaning of Spray Rose Flowers
With their bright and cheery appearance, spray rose flowers are often associated with joy and affection. These blooms make a beautiful addition to wedding bouquets, or you can incorporate them into DIY centerpieces for your bridal shower or engagement party. Whether you are planning your big day or simply looking to add some cheer to your home, these flowers are a wonderful choice.
For weddings, spray roses represent love, passion, and joy. If you are looking to express your love and affection for someone special in your life, then these lovely flowers make a beautiful gesture that is sure to be appreciated. The colors of spray rose flowers also hold meaning. For instance, a blush pink spray rose can symbolize gratitude and appreciation, while bright orange spray roses are associated with enthusiasm and desire. White spray roses are classic wedding flowers that represent purity and innocence. Red spray roses are perfect for expressing love and romance, while yellow spray roses symbolize happiness and friendship.
Whether you are adding spray rose flowers to DIY wedding decorations or simply adorning your home, there is no denying that spray roses are a beautiful choice.
Characteristics of Fresh Spray Roses
Small and gorgeous when in full bloom, spray roses offer something unique for your arrangements, including these characteristics:
- Miniature blooms and "spray"-shaped clusters for an especially lush look
- A similar look to standard roses
- Less than two inches in width so you can have five to seven flowers per stem
- Multiple colors and varieties available to suit your aesthetic
We love spray roses for their versatility and broad color range!
Choosing Wholesale Spray Roses for Your Wedding
So now you know how fresh spray roses are different than standard roses — but what purpose can they serve in your wedding arrangements?
These beautiful little flowers are perfect for creating gorgeous wedding floral designs. With their multi-bloom sprays, they're what we like to call a "volume flower" — creating the floral foundation and desired color palette of your designs.
In addition to bridal bouquets, these little roses are ideal for using in:
- Bridesmaid Bouquets: Add a touch of elegance to your wedding bouquet with a few stems of spray roses.
- Boutonnieres: Spray Roses are not just for the blushing bride. Incorporate these small gems into your groom's and groomsmen's boutonnieres for a small, sweet backdrop. Pin on a simple yet sophisticated boutonniere for the groom and groomsmen using a single spray rose.
- Corsages: Because of their small size, spray roses are perfect for wrist arrangements.
- Centerpieces: When your centerpieces are focused around floral decor, spray roses are a beautiful pick for a miniature table arrangement.
- Other small arrangements: From headdresses to garlands and other little arrangements, these little blooms will add a romantic touch to any small flower design.
- Arch Arrangements: Spray Rose Flowers are a perfect addition to your DIY Wedding arch. Use them along with Standard Roses and Spray Roses for a full, fluffy arch arrangement.
- Ceremony Urns: Just like with an arch arrangement, spray roses are lovely in ceremony urns. You can pair them with lots of greenery and garden roses for a lush feel.
- Hanging Installations: Another great DIY option for your wedding is a hanging floral installation. Spray roses pair well with other small blooms like baby’s breath and statice. They also look beautiful mixed in with greenery like ferns and smilax.
Before choosing your spray roses for your DIY wedding, you should also consider:
- Color: Spray roses come in a variety of colors and color combinations, so you can easily find the perfect hue for your wedding. Keep in mind your overall wedding theme and color palette.
- Other flowers used: When planning your DIY arrangements, consider the other flowers you will be using. Spray roses typically work best with other small blooms like baby's breath and wax flower for wildflower feel, but can also be mixed in with garden roses or Spray Roses for a lush look.
- Budget: As with any DIY wedding project, it is important to stay mindful of your budget. Luckily, bulk spray roses are an affordable option for DIY brides and adding even less expensive blooms with a similar look like Mini Carnations can help you stay within your budget AND your dreams!
When you are ready to start planning your DIY wedding floral designs, be sure to include wholesale spray roses in your list of must-have flowers! With their small blooms and lush petals, they are certain to show out.
How to Care for Spray Rose DIY Flowers
When ordering Spray Rose Flowers from Flower Moxie, the flowers will arrive fresh and ready to use after being processed and hydrated. The Spray Rose Flowers will be shipped in flower boxes and wrapped with paper to protect the flowers during transit. Upon arrival, it is important to open the box and remove the Spray Rose Flowers from the packaging. The flowers will need to be re-cut and placed in fresh and clean water. Spray Rose Flowers will last anywhere from 5 to 10 days when properly cared for.
To extend the life of your Spray Rose flowers, we recommend following these simple tips:
- Keep the Spray Rose Flowers in a cool location, out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources
- Change the water after 2 days or if it looks dirty
- Add flower food to the water following the packet's instructions
- Re-cut the stems every 2 to 3 days or as needed
- Remove any broken or browning stems and set aside for boutonnieres and corsages
By following these simple tips, you can rest assured knowing that your Spray Rose flowers will perform beautifully in your bouquets, centerpieces, flower crowns, arch arrangements, centerpieces, and all other DIY wedding decor.
Buy Spray Roses Online From Flower Moxie
Ready to bring that extra volume and elegant touch to any DIY arrangement? We're here for inspiration, design recipes and top-tier blooms. Explore Flower Moxie's selection of bulk spray roses and other flowers online today!
When you are ready to put your dream wedding together with DIY skill, Flower Moxie is here to make it simple. Shop our gorgeous selection of spray rose wedding flowers online — and explore our chic design ideas for more inspiration.
If you are looking for an easy way to add spray rose flowers to your wedding decor, look no further than Flower Moxie. We offer a wide variety of spray rose flowers in every color. In addition, we offer a convenient online ordering system so you can get your flowers delivered right to your door via FedEx or shipped Air Cargo by Southwest. Check out our shipping options here. If you are looking for bunches upon bunches of spray rose flowers, consider buying in bulk. Flower Moxie offers a wide selection of spray rose flowers for bulk purchase. Shop our selection here.
If you are planning to DIY your wedding flowers, we recommend that you place your order for wedding supplies at least 2 to 3 months before the big day. By being proactive and placing your order early, you can to help avoid any last-minute stress on your big day and have less items on your checklist. We will ship your flowers to you 3 days before your DIY Wedding or event so you have enough time to make them into the bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements of your dreams. Check out our timeline instructions and video!
Flower Moxie provides all of the information, tutorials, and tips that you need to create beautiful Wedding Flowers with spray rose Flowers. From bouquets to boutonnieres to garlands and more, we have everything you need to bring your vision to life.
No matter what your vision is for your big day, Flower Moxie can help you. For more information about our spray rose and other flowers, or to place an order, please contact us today. We are here to help make your wedding dreams a reality!
We hope you enjoyed learning all about spray roses and how to use them in your DIY wedding flowers. Be sure to check out our other DIY Wedding Flower Guides for more great tips and tricks! DIY Wedding Flowers can be a lot of work, but they are so worth it when you see the final product on your big day! Congratulations and happy DIYing!
Flower Moxie offers a wide variety of DIY wedding flowers and supplies. Please check out our Supply Store here for all of your DIY Wedding Flower needs! If you need help getting started, our experts are always available to offer tips and advice.