Brown Lisianthus Flower
Tissuey, but hardy blooms that are often ruffled. 3 stems are typically attached to the main bloom giving plenty of closed blooms, open blooms, and leaves to work with. Deep green, hardy foliage. Brown Burgundy Lisianthus Flower. Perfect accent luxury for DIY wedding or event! Shop from over 50+ flowers, or explore our DIY resources & order online today!
100% Fresh Quality Guarantee and Free Cancelations Up to 30 Days Before Event. Learn more
- Stem Count: 7-10 stems in a bunch with multiple branching stems and blooms coming off main stem.
- Color: There are a few types of Brown Lisianthus, so the color can vary from a sandy-brown, to a more dusty burgundy, and also a plum-burgundy that can feel slightly purple. The closed buds can be white to a more lime green. The types are called Rosanne and Black Pearl Brown Lisianthus
- Season: All Year
- Flower Design Type: Accent Luxury Flower
The Good: We love the organic vibe of Lisianthus! It comes with a lot of closed blooms which make the designing process interesting. Even though the bloom itself is a bit floppy and delicate, it is typically long-lasting and hardy.
The Bad: There isn't a lot of negatives about lisianthus. Sometimes the petals can have some brown spots, but that is typically easy to pluck off. Lisianthus is hardy, but when shipped it can look 'smashed', but that's EASY TO FIX by reflexing the petals. Brown Lisianthus can have a wide variation of color tones so you have to be flexible with brown lizzy! There are a few types of Brown Lisianthus, so the color can vary from a sandy-brown, to a more dusty burgundy, and also a plum-burgundy that can feel slightly purple. The closed buds can be white to a more lime green. The types are called Rosanne and Black Pearl Brown Lisianthus
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Keep away from heat or sun to extend vase life.
- Remove leaves below waterline
Lisianthus is considered an 'Accent Luxury Flower'. Based on our design suggestions here's our recommended quantities:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/2 bunch
- Maids: 1/4 bunch
- Bouts: 1 stem
- Corsages: 1-2 stem
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: N/A. Typically too short-stemmed.
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Cream Ranunculus; Garden Roses; Spray Roses or another flower that works within your specific palette.