Silver Dollar Eucalyptus Greenery by the Bunch
Pros and cons of silver dollar eucalyptus for weddings:
- Pros: Like so many people, we’re big fans of the eucalyptus family. The silver dollar species is a wonderful way to work in some stunning leafy greens when constructing wedding arches, arbors, or table greenery. This plant can also be used in bouquets if you desire a heavy greenery look.
- Cons: Sometimes, the leaf size can be inconsistent — either really large or medium in size. When you order these leaves in a big bunch, you can separate out more constant shapes, or you can go with the eucalyptus flow and use them as is. Eucalyptuses can be hard to get late April-June, and when the growth is new, expect for the tops of the plant to be tender and to shrivel up. This can easily be plucked off, however.
Care Instructions for Silver Dollar Eucalyptus:
- Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water.
- Remove leaves below waterline
Silver Dollar Eucalyptus is a 'Greenery'. Based on our design suggestions and this greenery's specific bunch size, here is our quantity recommendation:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Maids: 1/4-1/6 bunch, depends if there will be other greens involved
- Bouts: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/5-1/6 bunch, depends if there will be other greens involved
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
Flower Moxie reserves the right to make changes or substitutions. All substitutions are only done as a last resort, and only when the reasons for doing so are reasonable and genuine. For example, if a flower becomes unavailable (off-crop), incorrect color, or not in good condition to grace a wedding function we will substitute a flower that has a similar color and price-point.
Acceptable Subs: Another type of Eucalyptus or a greenery specific to your palette and order.
DIY Brides love Silver Dollar Eucalyptus greenery due to it's lush, full sage leaves! Silver Dollar comes in fairly large bunch sizes and each stems has multiple sprigs to work with. Very hardy and easy to work with!
Silver dollar eucalyptus are best known for their large, smooth and lush leaves. Their long, leafy stems are sturdy, durable and delicate all at the same time. They add the perfect sage accent to any floral arrangements and last for weeks on end.
The best uses for silver dollar eucalyptus lie in their ability to provide ample coverage and a bold design effect. For this reason, many people enjoy using these to construct arches and large scale centerpieces. You can pair these leaves with other leafy flowers like hydrangeas, roses and lilies to create breathtaking floral displays to frame your big day.
Craft garlands and set them on your tables, or say “I do” beneath a canopy of silver dollar eucalyptus and other flowers. You might also consider adding some branches to the backs of your event chairs for an extra touch of natural green.