Amaranthus - Upright Burgundy
- Stem Count: 5-8 Stems
- Season: Aug-Dec
- Color: Burgundy
- Description: Long, heavy stems with upright or curved clusters of fuzzy buds. Undesirable foliage, recommend cutting off.
- Flower Care: Give the stems a fresh cut, and place in cool water away from sun.
- What's Good About 'Em? What's Bad About 'Em?
- The Good: Amaranthus is highly textured with beautiful movement. We find that a little goes a long way so it's a great accent element.
- The Bad: The foliage attached to Amaranthus is often too 'chewy' to use so we almost ALWAYS snip it off. The stems can be very large and heavy to work with, and it does not have a very long vase-life.
- Quantity Help:
- Bridal Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Maids: 1-3 stems
- Bouts: N/A
- Corsages: N/A
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: Average 1/2 to 1 bunch per urn.